Joseph Parker's promoters are scrambling to find another challenger for the heavyweight boxer after the late cancellation of his bout with Englishman Hughie Fury.
World Boxing Organisation president Paco Valcarcel confirmed that the much-anticipated match-up had been cancelled
Parker and trainer Kevin Barry had arrived in Auckland on Saturday for the fight, scheduled for May 6.
It was to be Parker's first title defence since he beat Andy Ruiz Jr in Auckland last December.
But Valcarcel on Sunday tweeted that the fight had been called off.
"As of today, it seems there will be no WBO Heavyweight World Title fight in New Zealand.
"It seems the problem lies within Team Fury," he said in a second tweet.
Duco later confirmed the WBO had notified them that Fury was injured and unable to challenge Parker.
"The World Boxing Organisation has advised Duco Events to investigate the possibility of Joseph Parker making a voluntary defence of his heavyweight title against an opponent ranked in the top 15 of the world rankings," Duco said in a statement.
The promoters said they are "currently investigating all options" and would be making no further immediate comment.